The Heritage & Architecture Commission reviews applications for demolition, alteration and construction or replacement of structures located within the Historic Preservation District (Downtown). The Commission also issues Certificates of Appropriateness for the same. The H&A Commission consists of six (6) voting members and two (2) ex officio non-voting members, each serving staggered terms.
Meeting agendas and packets are available to view and download in the Agenda Center.
Meets: 3rd Tuesday of every month
Time: 6 p.m.
Location: City Hall
222 E 9th Street
3rd Floor, Conference Room
Lockport, IL 60441
- Tom Pinn, Chairman, term expires April 30, 2025
- Tom Alves, Vice Chairman, term expires April 30, 2024
- Bob Morris, Member-at-Large term expires April 30, 2025
- Bill Molony, Plan Commission Representative, term expires April 30, 2024
- Dale Stilwell, term expires April 30, 2025
- Nick Arriaga, term expires April 30, 2023
- Matt Kairis, Non-Voting Member/City Council Rep., term expires April 30, 2024
- Ron Lif, Historical expert, term expires April 30, 2023
Kimberly Phillips, City Planner
(815) 838-0549, option 4
Certificate of Appropriateness
View / Download a Certificate of Appropriateness Application (PDF) which is also available on the Planning Applications page.