Payment Options

Payments can be made at the Water Department located at 222 East 9th Street on the 2nd floor. You can also submit payments by mail or by using the drop box in the west parking lot for payments submitted before or after hours or on weekends. You can also pay utility bills at BMO Harris Bank, 826 E. 9th Street.

You may also consider using:

Final Reading

If you are moving in or out of the City,  please contact the Water Department at (815) 838-0549. option 3, to order a “final” water reading. 

Homeowners selling the property will need to provide the following information:

  • Date of closing
  • Address to send the final bill
  • Property purchaser (if applicable) 

Renters vacating the property need to provide: 

  • Moving date
  • Address to send the final bill 
  • Landlord's contact information

Annual Drinking Water Report

Every year, the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) as required by the Safe Drinking Water Act (1996) ensures that every community water system serving at least 25 residents year round or has at least 15 service connections, provide a Consumer Confidence Report (CCR). 

2022 CCRs

Below are three CCRs from 2022 for the Lockport area: 

For more information, please visit the IEPA’s CCR page

PFAS Sample Results

The City is working closely with the Illinois Environmental Agency (IEPA) as they conduct their statewide imitative to test drinking water from all schools using well water and community water supplies. The test is looking for a group of man-made chemicals called Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).

PFAS Sample Results 2020 (PDF)

Hydrant Flushing

City crews began fall hydrant flushing on September 11, 2023. The program will continue through October 2023 until complete. Signs will be posted when flushing is occurring in your neighborhood.

Areas scheduled for flushing the week of September 25, 2023 (Subject to change):  

  • 151st St & Farrell Rd and surrounding subdivisions (Creekside, Abbey Glen, Whispering Pines, Saddlewood, The Woodlands, Forest Pointe, Hawthorne Preserve)  
  • Silo Bend
  • Parker Ridge
  • Parkside Estates
  • Prologis Business Park
  • Thunder Hill
  • Willow Walk

Hydrant flushing

RPZ Testing

RPZ Tracking is now being handled by CCRA Professional Services LLC. All RPZ reports should be submitted via their website. For questions, please contact Wyatt at (630) 450-7781 or Scott Green (815) 838-0549 x2307.

All homeowners that have a sprinkler system are required to submit an annual RPZ test report prior to activating their sprinkler system for the season. The RPZ test must be performed by a licensed plumber that has a cross-connector license as well.

Suspending Water Service While Home is Vacant

If you will be away from your residence for more than 30 days, you can put your water/sewer/garbage account on “hold”. A hold form will need to be completed and turned into the Water Department prior to your departure. In addition, your water service will be shut off at the street. 

There is a $50.00 turn on fee applied to your utility account. You will need to contact the Water Department when you return to your residence to set up a date and time to have the water (BBOX) turned back on and you will need to be present at the property when the Public Works employee arrives at your residence. 

water loss examples