Notices of Code Updates
- Adoption of the 2015 International Building Codes - posted June 17, 2019
- Adoption of the 2015 International Building Codes - posted June 5, 2019
- 2019 Illinois Code Changes - posted January 15, 2019
Current Codes & Amendments
We currently follow:
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2014 National Electric Code
- 2018 Illinois Accessibility Code
- 2014 State of Illinois Department of Public Health Plumbing Code**
- 2018 Illinois Energy Conservation Code**
**The most current versions of the Illinois Energy Conservation Code and the Illinois Plumbing Code are both required to be followed by Illinois statute
- (A) No person shall be a contractor within the city without first having obtained a certificate of registration therefor as herein provided. Any person who engages in the construction, repair, or alteration of any building, structure of street or sidewalk pavement within the city, for which a building permit is required, is presumed to be a contractor and must be registered hereunder unless such presumption is rebutted.
- (B) A homeowner engaged in constructing, altering or repairing the homeowner's personal residence shall not be considered a contractor for purposes of this chapter.
Registration documents can be found on the "Contractor Registration" page.